50 University of Newcastle Global Leaders Scholarship 2021/2022: Recognizing the competitive nature of the global economy, the University of Newcastle is offering Global Leaders Scholarship to students who wish to enroll in a degree program at the University.
This includes international students applying to study with University of Newcastle for the first time, as well as students entering after completion of an approved University of Newcastle pathway program.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Newcastle, Australia
Scholarships to be taken at: University of Newcastle, Australia
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: Undergraduate & Postgraduate
Scholarship Worth: $10,000
Number of Award: 50 (Approximately)
Subject Eligibility: Refers to eligible courses offered at the University (below)
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
University of Newcastle Global Leaders Scholarship | Details
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the Global Leaders Scholarship;
- Applicants must be international students.
- The award is available for Undergraduate & Postgraduate program in various courses offered by the University.
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field
- Be commencing in an eligible program with the Faculty of Business and Law, University of Newcastle as a new student or via an approved University of Newcastle pathway (eligible programs exclude ELICOS only, Non-Award, MPhil, PhD).
- Be an international full-fee paying student from Africa, Latin America, Middle East, South Asia, South East Asia.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Be enrolled on-campus at any University of Newcastle campus in Australia.
- Not hold another scholarship for the same program of equivalent or more substantial benefit.
- Meet all of the financial obligations of a full-fee paying international student, including the full tuition fee and other expenses for the purpose of obtaining your student visa, and in the event that eligibility for the scholarship is not maintained.
- Demonstrate capacity for effective independent work and as part of a team
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility and confidence
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner, has good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at University of Newcastle, Australia
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Newcastle’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
The following countries/regions are eligible for University of Newcastle Global Leaders Scholarships:
South East Asia
The following courses are eligible for University of Newcastle Global Leaders Scholarships:
- For Undergraduate Programs: Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Business Analytics, Combined Innovation & Entrepreneurship programs with Business, Laws (Honours), Commerce, or Business Analytics, Combined Business programs with Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Laws (Honours) Commerce, or Business Analytics, Combined Commerce programs with Business, Innovation & Entrepreneurship or Laws (Honours), or Business Analytics.
- For Postgraduate Programs: Juris Doctor, MBA, MBA (Global), Master of Applied Finance, Management and Policy, Master of Health Economics, Management and Policy (Global), Master of Human Resource Management, Master of International Business, Master of Marketing, MBA/Master of Applied Finance, MBA/Master of Health Economics, Management and Policy, MBA/Master of Human Resource Management, MBA/Master of International Business, Master of Dispute Resolution, Master of Laws (LLM), MBA/Master of Marketing, Master of Professional Accounting/MBA, MBA (Global)/MSC (Data Analytics), Master of Professional Accounting, Master of Professional Accounting (Advanced). MBA (Global) dual degrees with partner universities: MBA (Global)/ Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) – Montclair State University, New Jersey: MBA (Global)/ Master of Fashion and Luxury Management – LUISS Business School, Rome: MBA Global/Master in Management Technology – LUISS Business School, Rome.
Scholarship Value and Benefits:
The scholarship benefit is $2500, payable as a tuition fee waiver, per term of full time study in an eligible program, for up to four terms. These may be paid each semester or trimester, depending on the program, to a total value of $10,000 for a two year (or more) program of full time study; $7500 for a one-and-a-half year program of full time study; and $5,000 for a one year program of full time study.
Students who achieve a Distinction average will be eligible to apply for an additional $2,500 merit based scholarship in their final term of study.
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible candidates who apply for University of Newcastle Global Leaders Scholarships will be automatically awarded to students from the above countries who have received an offer to study in an eligible program and who will commence studying with University of Newcastle in 2021 and 2022.
Application Deadline: Currently Ongoing