Application window is now open for Google’s Student Training in Engineering Program, STEP 2021. Students applying for the Google STEP Internship 2021 are automatically assigned to locations – Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt; Dubai – United Arab Emirates; Accra, Ghana; Nairobi, Kenya; Lagos, Nigeria; Moscow, Russia; İstanbul, Turkey; Kyiv, Ukraine
This internship is intended for students in their first or second year of an accredited full-time degree program in Computer Science or related technical fields, with an anticipated graduation date between 2023 and 2025. We especially encourage applications from students in underrepresented in the engineering and tech industry
Program Title: Student Training in Engineering Program, STEP 2021.
Program Location: Multiple locations.
Program Type: Student internship.
Program Duration: Up to12 weeks
Slots: Not stated
Google Student Training in Engineering Program, STEP 2021 | Details
About the Program
Google is invested in increasing the number of future computer scientists and software developers, particularly those who are historically underrepresented in the field. The Student Training in Engineering Program (STEP) aims to do just that. The 12 week program offers students the opportunity to work on a software project alongside another STEP intern, with the support of full-time Googlers and a mentor. You will also attend trainings to enhance your technical and professional skills.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
To apply for the Google STEP Internship 2021, you should be
- Currently in your first or second year of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Programming experience in either Java, C++ or Python.
- Available for a full-time 12-week internship from 5th July to 24th September 2021.
- Returning to a full-time Bachelor’s degree for a minimum of two years after completing the Summer 2021 internship.
- Experience in programming outside of your university course.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Apply knowledge gained in computer science courses to real-world challenges.
- Complete a challenging technical project with a team of Googlers and other STEP interns.
- Enhance your coding by using new tools and programming languages.
- Attend training sessions to build your professional skills and to help set you up for success.
- You will be matched with a Google engineer to mentor you throughout the internship.
How-to-Apply: Applications are submitted online. Click on the “Apply” button on the official website (link below) and provide the required materials in the appropriate sections (PDFs preferred):
Document Requirements: To start the application process, you will need
- an updated CV or resume and
- a current unofficial or official transcript in English.