The Public Works Labourer is responsible for performing a variety of labouring activities to maintain sidewalks, streets, roads and similar areas for the Public Works Department.
Job Order #: 5769659
City Of Weyburn
Commensurate as per CUPE Local 90 Agreement
Length of Employment:
Application Closing Date:
- Clean and maintain sidewalks, streets, roads and public grounds of municipality and other areas, working as a member of the crew.
- Sweep debris and remove snow from streets, sidewalks, building grounds and other areas, and load snow and debris into carts or trucks.
- Shovel cement and other materials into cement mixers, spread concrete and asphalt on road surfaces using shovels, rakes and hand tampers, and perform
- other activities to assist in maintenance and repair of roads.
- Spread sand or salt on sidewalks for snow and ice control.
- Dig ditches and trenches using shovels and other hand tools.
- Assist with performing manual water and sewer repairs on City infrastructure.
- Operate jackhammers and drills to break up pavement.
- Load and unload trucks with supplies and equipment.
- Assist equipment operators to secure attachments to equipment or trucks.
- Assist in routine maintenance and repair of equipment.
- May operate mobile sidewalk-cleaning equipment.
- Follows established procedures and ensures established performance safety standards are met.
- Performs other duties as required.
Grade 12 education or equivalent GED;
Certificate in WHMIS required, First Aid preferred
Possession and maintenance of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 licence required.
Job Status Permanent Full Time
Benefits and Remuneration Commensurate with the CUPE Local 90 Collective Agreement
Application Deadline – This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found
Skills And Abilities
– Working with others
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
– Driver’s licence
– Spread sand or salt on sidewalks for snow or ice control
– Load and unload trucks with supplies and equipment
– Clean and maintain sidewalks, streets, roads and public grounds
– Assist equipment operators to secure attachments to equipment or truck
– Municipal government
– Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
How to Apply?:
Please submit your resumes and cover letters directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. The City of Weyburn thanks all applicants for their interest in this employment opportunity but only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
City Of Weyburn