The Italian Government is offering Master and Postgraduate Scholarships by 2021 Candidates who have been granted scholarships under the “Invest Your Talent in Italy” Program are exempted from the payment of tuition fees except for the Regional Tax for “Diritto allo Studio”, stamp duty, any expense regarding accident insurance and/or civil liability, the health insurance policy.
Scholarships are awarded for courses of Master’s degree (Laurea Magistrale or Master universitario) at Italian Higher Education Institutes (state-owned institutions or institutions legally recognized by the relevant State authorities) partners of the “Invest Your Talent in Italy” Program. The program includes the attendance of a mandatory internship at selected Italian companies which are partners of the initiative.
The list of the post-graduate courses under this Program is available HERE.
Scholarships are awarded to citizens, permanently resident in their home country, of the following list of countries:
- People’s Republic of China
- Academic qualifications
Applications may only be submitted by those candidates who hold the required academic qualifications (Bachelor’s Degree) to enroll in the chosen Master’s Degree Program (Laurea Magistrale or Master Universitario). Candidates must have completed their Bachelor’s Degree.
Students who are currently studying at an Italian university and those who have obtained an Italian University Degree are not eligible for the IYT in Italy program.
- Candidates can apply only for ONE course. The second choice is only possible for those courses accepting a limited number of students. In this case the second choice is displayed automatically when completing the application.
- Students are entitled to receive the IYT scholarship only if they are admitted to the course they have applied for through the IYT platform.
- Applicants must have been born on or after January 1st 1994, except for the only renewal scholarships.
- Candidates should submit an English language certificate as proof of their proficiency in English.
Candidates should hold at least a B2 level certificate within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- A candidate who has obtained an English-taught Bachelor’s Degree can submit a certificate issued by his/her university, stating that English is the medium of instruction in that university/course/faculty. This certificate can be accepted as the proof of proficiency in English.
- Proof of proficiency in Italian is not mandatory but it will be taken into consideration in the selection process.
The grantee will receive a 900,00 € monthly allowance on a quarterly basis, which will be paid on his/her Italian bank account. Upon their arrival in Italy students will be given detailed information about the payment procedures of the scholarship.
The disbursement procedure will begin at the end of each quarter. Individual payments will therefore
commence after that period.
The first installment of the scholarship can only be received after the completion of University enrollment and the submission of all the documents requested according to the necessary administrative procedures.
Health and Medical Insurance
Grantees must subscribe a health insurance policy to bear any expenses due to illnesses or accident.
Source / More information: Official Website.