Overnight (Pack Down) Assistant Store Managers are responsible for supervision of Overnight (Pack Down) Team Associates including Inventory Management associates. Overnight (Pack Down) ASMs are responsible in conjunction with the Night Operations Team for ensuring that their stores are “Grand Opening Day Ready” each day.
They accomplish this goal through ensuring proper merchandising and optimizing the efficiency of all operational areas. Overnight (Pack Down) ASMs play a crucial role in driving safety standards and compliance throughout the store. In addition, they work with the Store Manager and other ASMs to improve overall store profitability, solve problems and train and develop Associates.
In order to be successful, they must have strong planning, problem solving and leadership skills. They must also be capable of leading associates and working with the Store Manager and other ASMs to accomplish goals.
- Recruiting, interviewing applicants and making recommendations to the store manager about hiring for open positions
- Making recommendations to the store manager about terminations, promotions, demotions, new associates’ rate of pay and associates’ performance based pay increases
- Communicating store and Home Depot objectives to associates coaching, training and developing associates by providing both informal (e.g., on-floor coaching) and formal (e.g., written evaluation) job performance-based feedback
- Managing to ensure operational excellence in all Fulfillment areas
- Managing to ensure Associate staffing schedule meets the demands of the business
- Managing to ensure that merchandise is packed down according to “Daily Pack Down lists”
- Ensure that the store is “Grand Opening Day Ready” each day (i.e., shelves are 100% in stock, receiving is clear of freight and trash, displays are correct, aisles are clean, neat and shoppable) by walking with the Night Operations Team ASM in the mornings for proper hand off
- Surveying area at the beginning of the shift to develop a plan of action that prioritizes tasks to be completed and continually updating this plan of action dependent upon the demands of the shift
- Managing Overnight (Pack Down) efficiency through observation, report analysis, identifying trends, defining problems and developing appropriate responses
- Maintaining active relationships with the vendor community to ensure store and vendor responsibilities are managed effectively (e.g., resets and refreshes)
- Assess associates training needs as it relates to all aspects of sales and customer service (e.g., product, process knowledge and customer service skills) and implement plans for improvement
- Knowledge of, and ability to train sales and inventory reports as they relate to Key Performance Indicators for assigned departments and store
- Following up on all safety audit, accident reporting and investigation issues
- Developing strategy with Store Manager and other ASMs in order to drive store sales and profitability
- Leading Associates, and working with peers and Store Manager to anticipate and solve problems and plan for upcoming events, seasonal changes etc.
- Verifying deposits, markdowns, deliveries, time slips refunds, etc.
- Minimum 2 years of management experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Computer experience is a must
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Team player
- Strong work ethic, sense of responsibility and attention to detail and confidentiality
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Stock options
- Vision care
- Night shift
- retail management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Greater Sudbury, ON (Preferred)